Who We Are
Legal Services of the Virgin Islands, Inc., (LSVI) is a non-profit 501(c)(3) organization and the only entity that provides efficient, effective, high quality civil legal assistance to low income and underserved individuals in our community in the United States Virgin Islands. We are the ‘Equal Justice Advocates” in the territory.
Legal Services of the Virgin Islands, Inc., (LSVI) seeks to access justice, protect rights, and educate people in poverty in order to empower them to move toward self-sufficiency.
To achieve our mission, LSVI’s expert team of attorneys and legal support staff work with the community in a variety of ways:
- Provide direct representation
- Offers counsel and advice
- Provide referrals
- Educates the community about their legal rights through workshops and seminars
LSVI legal priorities encompass:
- Maintaining economic stability
- Preserving quality, affordable housing
- Promoting safety, security and health
- Protecting human and civil rights
- Serving populations with special vulnerabilities
- Supporting families
For detailed information on LSVI’s services please visit our Services section.