To secure health care, including mental health services, for all low-income people and to ensure that clients eligible for publicly-funded health insurance programs receive comprehensive accessible, high-quality care.
LSVI aims to address the non-medical needs of low-income individuals of the Virgin Islands. LSVI has provided free legal services and training healthcare professionals to understand the legal issues faced by their patients. LSVI aims to assist its clients with the following:
- Securing government benefits
- Access special education services
- Plan ahead (e.g. will, power of attorney, guardianship)
- Solve insurance disputes
- Address workplace accommodation
- Fix unsafe and unhealthy housing problems